Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 10: Stine - Lake Michigan ICE Run!

Last night I stayed overnight in the city with late evening work commitments.  Luckily, I have a great coworker who committed to enjoying the outdoor "Marcothon-Madness" and by his joining me, he is officially an honorary "Marco-Maniac".  Thanks to you Steve Redman!!!

We met downstairs at the Marriott Springhill Suites at 6am. We laced over to Michigan Avenue, enjoyed the beautiful lakefront, the Christmas lights, dodged the snowpacked sidewalks, and then enjoyed the lakefront running path (which was perfectly clear).  The lake had a skim of ice and we saw one other "fool" like us  ;). We gave each other a nice wave...you know the head nod that says "yeah...fellow comrade - I salute you". At North Avenue Beach we turned around to complete our minimal 3+ miler run.

We survived...despite our faces semi-freezing causing slurring words when we returned.  A great run...and it may sound a bit cliché, but it really wasn't THAT BAD once you got warmed up :) (and yes, I wore my winter coat and it made me too hot with the other 4 shirts I had on).

8 degrees....feels like -6
3.45 miles
8:18pace
time 28:38 
Steve and I...post run! (yes, I doned my all-out winter coat!)
Running South from North Avenue.  Steve and the skyline + sunrise...
Steve and MLK...at the Oak Street Beach Tunnel

No comments:

Post a Comment