Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 10 - Uecker - The Runners Triple-Dog-Dare

Today went a bit Hollywood in my head.  I really wasn't sure how to dress for this today.  I froze my ham hocks off on Saturday and today was just as cold.  So today, I decided to go the full Randy.  And because of thinking of Randy some dialogue keeps going through my head.  It won't stop.  It's pushing me out the door and yet -what to wear today?  I really wasn't sure.  I just put on an extra layer from Saturday and that did the trick, but I felt a bit like Randy.  Until I got going that is.  This was a much better choice, maybe I'm figuring out this cold weather thing.  So good in fact I worked up a sweat with a wind chill of 4.  How you do that I have no idea but I did.

I headed out and went straight for the Flossmoor Library.  Had to drop off a DVD.  I seriously considered running through the lobby as I popped the return into the slot, but I had a feeling that they wouldn't appreciate that so I actually walked through.  

Back out into the cold.  Didn't seem too bad today.  That is until I started heading west on Flossmoor Road.  The minimal wind that there was seemed to all be here and I was feeling it.  Good thing I had that sweat going.  As I was going on this stretch I encountered someone walking on the sidewalk.  I gave him a nod and a "hi" from the street.  He returned it with a look that said he was replaying On Golden Pond in his head.

"Come here, Norman. Hurry up. The loons! The loons!"

Well I guess that you might be able to apply that to me being a Marco-Maniac and all, but I'm not owning it yet.  I'm waiting for full ownership of the Loon tag for if the forecast holds and we get 4-6 inches tomorrow morning.  Now that will be an adventure if it happens.

I've realized that the Marcothon has gotten serious.  We are now in double digits and the way I figure it, the longer we go the harder it will be to quit.  Maybe I should have done it last week when I was sick.  But I just keep feeling like someone has thrown down the gauntlet and I have to pick it up.  Is this some cruel dare that we just can't back away from.  Will people be laughing at us or will they have to call the fire department?

Schwartz: Well I double-DOG-dare ya!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare you"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.
Schwartz: I TRIPLE-dog-dare ya!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!



Just can't look away....

I have my disguise all set if I have to go into hiding because I don't make it.

















Day 10 - fini - Book it Danno!

RAN 3.10 MI ON 12/10/13

DISTANCE
3.1mi
DURATION
32:39
AVG PACE
10:33
KCAL
625
Rick Uecker
DEC. 10, 2013at 12:38 P.M.by RICK UECKER






No comments:

Post a Comment