Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 5 - Uecker - Is there such a thing as Marcothon flu?

Check the dictionary for the word slog.  I think you'll see a picture of me on today's run.  I was in a very similar boat to the one that Jeffry Archer was sailing on Monday.  I felt awful.  Today was going to be a minimum day.  I was going to run my 25 minutes and call it a day. Was difficult to move around inside.  Really was not looking forward to have to face the cold today.  Especially after running in shorts yesterday.  Normally a day like today, I would rest.  Damn you Marcothon!

I have to state, I don't think I was near as bad as Jeffry was feeling, but it still wasn't good.  I was cold  and I was bundled up.  But enough of how I felt in the house...

Today for my music, I selected Alt+J / An Awesome Wave.  Was feeling I might have to rename it.  Once again following Jeffry's lead I set out on a course that would have a few public restrooms if need be.  Thankfully they weren't.

According to MapMyRun (I'll rename this MapMyShuffle today) I did the first mile in 9:36.  Yeah right.  I don't think it was a full mile, but today I was going with it.  It was at this point in time I realized that I forgotten my watch.  Crap!  But now I knew I was going to have to do 3 miles no matter what it took, because I wasn't going to keep checking my phone just for the time.

The next 2 miles were a blur.  I saw a whole lot of pavement today and that was about it.  Here's the run information:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/442308341

I tagged this "Got Stronger".  I figured it didn't kill me so I had to have gotten stronger, right?

Miles - 3.03
Minutes - 32:56

This is what I looked like at the end of this slog.


I know Mike Brunette says if you aren't smiling when you run you're doing something wrong.  I agree with that.  But in the world of the Marcothon, there are days when you probably shouldn't be out on the road but you are because you're damned if you're going to let some stomach issues knock you out.  Today was definitely one of those days.  Take that Marcothon.  Day 5, in the books.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Rick. Great job not letting a little bug stop you. Of course, if it were not Marcothon month, neither of us would have run feeling like that. But hey, it's too early to drop out. But now that we are blogging about it, isn't there even more pressure to stay in the race! After today, nothing can stop you.

    ReplyDelete