Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 6 - It's a cold out there folks (aka Marcothon flu is real)

As we all know.  It's cold out there today.  Really cold.  So I asked my dogs if I could borrow their fur coats to help me keep warm.


"You're frightening me."

Really, I did.  I was always told that Canadians were friendly and accommodating.  Well let me tell you these two were anything but.  They hung on to their fur like it was attached to them or something.  I give them, food, I give them water and they won't loan me their fur for 30 minutes?


"What's in it for me?"

After I lost that battle I decided it was time to get ready.  I was still having issues from yesterday.  Nowhere near as bad, but not good.  You know how they say that Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes.  Well my abs and back felt like the Marcothon was the land of 10,000 crunches.  That's what it felt like today.  I was bundled up and felt like I had a vice around my midsection.  

Music today - Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs / God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise

Same route as yesterday.  Figured better safe than sorry with the Marcothon flu still hanging around.  First mile slow, easy and...painful.  That vice kept feeling like it was getting tighter and tighter.  MapMyCrawl had my first mile at 10:56.  Felt a lot slower than that.  Then almost exactly at the mile mark it felt like it fell off.  I could run!  I felt really good.  Kept it basic and easy, letting the music really set the pace today.  As I was running I noticed that there were a lot of 16 oz. Budweiser cans along the side of the road.  Think next time I run this route I'm going to bring a bag with me so I can clean that up a bit.  Will slow me down, but worth it.

Miles 2 & 3 were right around 10:30, with my head up and my feet a lot lighter than they had been for the previous 4 of today and yesterday combined.  

Still not 100% but getting there.  If Jeffry doesn't wipe anymore flu germs on my car handles tomorrow might be an absolutely boring and normal run.  Gosh, I hope so.

Mileage - 3.03
Minutes - 32:31

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/442763133





This smile is for Mike Brunette.  Making up for the complete and utter lack of a smile yesterday.

Day 6...in the books.








No comments:

Post a Comment