Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 11 - Uecker - Exactly. One Louder.

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...



Today was an interesting run.  Not exactly sure where it came from or what I was doing.

I thought today might be a great run because I ran into Jeffry this morning out on his Marcoadventure while I was walking the dogs.  Truly a nice and different start to the day.  The snow was beautiful and was nowhere near as bad as they said it might be.  Just gorgeous outside really.


After I got all the snow shoveled I set about trying to ready myself for the run.  A lot easier said than done.  I was exhausted.  Not like Marco's not taking anything out of me, it is.  The main culprit was Jake.  My 5 year old labrador, pictured on Jeffry's post from this morning.  Jake is more than a little obsessed with snow.  He licks it, eats it, absolutely loves it.  Along with that goes his behavior on the nights that it snows. He whines, he paces, he doesn't sleep... and neither do we.  I could not get my head into this run at all.

And the roads were slick.  I encountered at least 4 plows on my run.  Guess what Tabitha?  They do plow East-West streets.  Maybe that was because they knew I was watching.  Lots of mid road running and really not paying a whole lot of attention to my stride or pace.  It was warmer than I anticipated.  23 when I started, wind chill was 16.  Not bad in comparison to the current temperature of 7, wind chill -7.  Tomorrow might be an absolute joy ride.

Music today and yesterday - Trombone Shorty / Backatown - I figured music from New Orleans would keep me warmer.  I think it did.

It was a white, wet and slippery one, but Day 11 is in the books.

Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven.







RAN 3.25 MI ON 12/11/13

DISTANCE
3.25mi
DURATION
34:04
AVG PACE
10:29
KCAL
655
Run / Jog

No comments:

Post a Comment