Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Hardest Part: Getting Out of the Front Door

 OK - Maybe it hasn't been that bad.  By the time I have checked the weather and put on three layers of shirts and two layers of socks and gloves, I have usually built the snow drifts this high in my imagination before I walk out the door.  And boy am I tired.   Really tired.


So what is my motivation?  Not becoming the figurative 'butterball' is high on the list (literal butterball pictured below - thanks to Maggie and Emily for their hard work).










 Once I am out, the nights and mornings are filled with the beauty of the season.  Lights are strewn, candles are lit.  It really is a joy to get out there and take it all in.



 And my running friends (friends that run?) are top notch.  They get it even when I am not sure that I do.  They show me what is possible (what I would not have thought possible not too long ago).





So 15 down, 15 to go.  Let it snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment