Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 12: Stine - Boston Suburbs 6 miler and a MARCO-EPIPHANY!

I pulled out of my driveway this morning at 5:20AM.  What was the temperature? -3 degrees.  What was the "feels like" temperature? -17 degrees.  To say I was excited to have a reason to miss an early morning run was a complete understatement.  When I was sitting at Midway awaiting my flight, I looked up the Boston weather for today: 25!!!  Yes, a warm afternoon run awaited me with new sites to see and enjoy.  Heck, it wasn't going to be a small 3 miler - that has been happening wayyy to often.  
Today I spoke at a dinner meeting for some steel folks in Westborough, MA (a suburb of Boston).  I spent the afternoon preparing for my presentation and once I was ready, I slipped into my running shoes and hit the pavement.  At 22 degrees, it was a welcome feeling to not be overly dressed and have nice clear pavement with no snow/ice to dodge.



Not more than 1 mile down the road, I saw something Homewood REALLY needs - great architecture! Check out this colonial house and this Dunkin Donuts!  Seriously - this DD is amazing :)






Downtown Westborough was great.  A little downtown roundabout, a biker that shouted out to me "Good For You!", and a small Christmas tree farm where cute little families were picking out their trees.  

 









By the time I was heading back, I had logged a tad over 6 miles.  It felt good...really good.  I hate to admit it, but I think I love running each day.  My body is now in the 'running zone'.  I do yearn for taper down days of 3 miles, but the thought of NOT running, sounds crazy at this point.  I'm half way till Christmas now.  I'm only a few days away from half way done as well.  This marcothon has changed me in many ways I just could not have imagined.  I've found a new appreciation for myself.  Days when I didn't think I had time for myself, I do.  I make the time.  I get up, I sort out my challenges at home and at work, on the pavement.  Some days between the low temps or snow and ice, the pace and distance are noting to write home about.  However, my mind is at ease more than any other time in the last few months.  Am I committing to doing this in January?  No - don't get me wrong.  However, I'm not going to second guess the "Power of Marcothon".  It has grabbed my mind, pushed my feet to places, and my soul to such ease and peace I never thought possible.

Here's to You Marcothon - I actually can't wait to see how you challenge me over the next few weeks as you continue to do each and every day!


Run data HERE

Thursday Run

DEC 12, 2013  -  3:25 PM
MI

6.06

DURATION

53:11

AVERAGE PACE

8:47

CALORIES BURNED

688



No comments:

Post a Comment