Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Days 22, 23 & 24 - Uecker - "Going to try this jogging thing. Or is it yogging? I don't know it might be a soft 'j'."

...and then there were 3 (runs that I needed to write about).

Day 22 - It's been almost a full 36 hours since my last run.  Thought this might feel like a recovery run, fully rested and ready to go.  Or not.  Legs were like cement.  Lungs were like lakes and just was an out and out slog to get through this run.  To quote Tabitha - "grinding" it out.  Great way to describe this one.  Best thing about this run?  Catherine running with me and telling me I only have 3 more solo runs to go. Only 9 more total to go! Day 22 - you're in the books.



Day 23 - A lot to do today.  Mother-in-law and nephew coming in for Christmas and I have to clean, make dinner, take boy to swim practice and get in my run.  In looking at the weather, I decide to make the run in the morning when the temperatures are still a balmy 15.  Because this is such a nutty day I think I run at a bit of a quicker pace.  Overall felt pretty good.  Not really much of a focus though.  Had everything going through my head that I needed to do.  But I got it done.  Only 2 more solo runs left.  Eyeing the finish line.

Day 23 in the books.



Day 24 - Can I put it nicely how today felt?  Nope.  Today's run was a bitch.  Today was a whole lot of couldn't.  Couldn't get warm.  Couldn't move well.  Couldn't stop coughing for the first mile.  Really a hard one.  Possibly the most difficult so far.  Even worse than the day with the Marcoflu.  At least of how I remember it.  Thankfully Catherine was with me.  Used her as a rabbit for the first mile.  Just hearing her steps kept me going and pushing forward.  For a bit there I honestly thought that I might just pack it in and give up.  It was really that kind of day.  Again I can't thank Catherine enough for getting me through this one.  Wouldn't have done it with out her.

Oh, I forgot I'm now flashing Marcothon gang symbols at Eric Bauer's house whenever I pass on these runs.  It's almost always on the back end of my run, so I hold up how many more runs I have after the one I'm on.  So today was a 7.

Day 24 - Your sorry butt is in the books.


Photo credits - Catherine Uecker

RAN 3.04 MI ON 12/22/13

DISTANCE
3.04mi
DURATION
34:28
AVG PACE
11:21
KCAL
735

RAN 3.31 MI ON 12/23/13

DISTANCE
3.31mi
DURATION
31:13
AVG PACE
09:26
KCAL
768

RAN 3.09 MI ON 12/24/13

DISTANCE
3.09mi
DURATION
34:30
AVG PACE
11:10
KCAL
745

No comments:

Post a Comment